Thursday, February 18, 2010

Parmesan Chicken

I remember wondering how people made up recipes when I was little and now I've discovered what they do. They take something they already make, and add a twist. This recipe is my own creation but the idea came from my mom's macaroni and cheese recipe. I basically just changed the cheese and added chicken. It is REALLY good, even if I do say so myself.

Parmesan Chicken

1 lb penne
2-3 T olive oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tsp garlic, minced
3 T flour
1 ½ c milk
5 oz parmesan, shredded
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken and stir fry until fully cooked and slightly brown. Reduce heat to medium low, add garlic and flour, and stir to coat. Add the milk and stir until thickened. Add the parmesan and black pepper, and then pour over pasta. Enjoy with a glass of pinot gris.

No comments:

Post a Comment